- 1 and ½ cup of melted butter – I used Land O’ Lakes Salted Butter Sticks
- 1 box of yellow cake mix - I used Betty Crocker
- 3 eggs - I used Organic Farm Raised
- 1 8 oz package of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of pure Vanilla extract - I used Watkins Original Gourmet. You could probably get away with using 1/2 teaspoon but I like a vanilla flavor. You can also try almond extract as well.
- 4 cups of confection sugar – I call it powdered sugar :-)
Step One: Mix together yellow cake mix, 1 egg and melted butter into batter and spread evenly into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Don't get worried when the batter consistency is thicker than a normal cake batter.
Note: Make sure you grease the bottom of the pan. I used PAM Butter spray but you can use either butter or Crisco to wipe down your pan with.
Step Two: Mix together remaining 2 eggs, cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar until creamy and the cream cheese is blended without chunks. Pour over batter until level.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35-45 minutes. With my oven, my cake took 45 minutes. You will know when the top layer starts to get brown that it’s pretty much done and ready to take out.
Cover top with powdered sugar. You can wait until it’s cool but I chose to add the sugar right out of the oven! I couldn't wait!
Add a side of Starbuck’s Columbian coffee and you’ve got yourself a nice little treat!
Don't forget to share this post with friends! Photography by Thomas Domitrovich.